Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sachin <cs...@pisoftek.com> on 2003/07/31 10:35:10 UTC

Struts Test Case (new Bie..)

Hi All,

can any body suggest me what is best test case approach to write testcases
for Actions and Forms
Whether it should be MockStrutsTestCase  Approach or
CactusStrutsTestCase........
And where will i get examples on it..

Thanks
Sachin

Re: Struts Test Case (new Bie..)

Posted by Andrew Geery <ge...@doc.state.sc.us>.
It depends what type of tests you are writing. The cactus site has a
discussion about the mock object approach vs. the container approach
both on the main page ("Different kinds of unit tests"
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus) and at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/mock_vs_cactus.html

For examples on how to use strutstestcase, look on the project's website:
http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/
(The strutstestcase website also has a discussion of mock v. container
testing)

I would recommend starting with mock objects (they're a little simpler
to use, simply because the application server isn't in the picture).