Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Julius Davies <ju...@apache.org> on 2015/02/20 20:56:28 UTC

[maven-dependency-plugin] [MDEP-478] - copy-dependencies overwriting

Hi,

Just curious if anyone is interested in looking at this.  I attached a
patch:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-478

I didn't bother submitting unit tests (the patch is quite small), but if
you insist....

yours,

Julius

Re: [maven-dependency-plugin] [MDEP-478] - copy-dependencies overwriting

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
hi Julius,

first thanks for the patch....
I have taken a look at it...

formatting looks ok...no problem to apply the patch...and checked...

On 2/20/15 8:56 PM, Julius Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious if anyone is interested in looking at this.  I attached a
> patch:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-478
>
> I didn't bother submitting unit tests (the patch is quite small), but if
> you insist....

I wouldn't say to insist on it but it's good practice to have a test
which proves the bad behaviour and after the patch is applied to show
the problem has been fixed...In case of a bug like this it should be a
test to show the correct behaviour to prevent later breakage of the
functionality...

Furthermore the relationship to the other issues as you mentioned in the
jira would be good to have integration/unit tests which prove that they
will be solved by this patch...

So we need to wait for CI to see if something breaks...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise