Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <ha...@agenciaclick.com.br> on 2004/03/04 21:21:32 UTC

Re: Under Merlin's hood (WAS: RE: [avalon] roadmap - library crit eria )

> Sorry, but you manage to make me pretty upset...

It happens.

> I do consider you on the "Complexity Bench", as I understand Castle is
> borrowing a lot of the "apparent complexity" from Merlin. But I also
> recognize that you have many other views as well.

And I already state "I'm shooting my own foot" yesterday.

> I don't need to state any names. It is easy to have opinion, if you don't
need
> to back it with putting in time to make it happen. If you don't put in
time,
> your opinion will be noted, appreciated (even if I don't agree with it)
and
> processed accordingly.

Again, committment is not committs in CVS. One spent a lot of time answering
this very list.

> Why not look at the commits for 2004? Want to go further back? Just the
number
> of entries in CVS mailing list;
> <...>
> How do you want to rate "contribution" ? Please put a number on it !

Read above.

> Maybe my logic is incredibly flawed, but I interpret you are argument
against
> yourself.
>
> Your argument goes something like;
> "We are not a Company -> I should do what I think is right."
> "I should not do what I think is right, but what other people is telling
me is
> right."

- We are not a Company -> We don't have an hierachy.
- One should not do want he thinks is best alone.
- Nobody is gonna tell you what is right, but at least you should ASK for
what you thinking is right and get a lazy-consensus.

In other words, your contribution must stay in sync with the community. No
more, no less.

--
hammett

Re: Under Merlin's hood (WAS: RE: [avalon] roadmap - library crit eria )

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 05 March 2004 04:21, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia -
SPO) wrote:

Cutting to the chase...

> In other words, your contribution must stay in sync with the community. No
> more, no less.

The community can't even manage to define what "in sync" means.
Any advancement in ANY direction is resulting in vetoes being thrown right,
left and center. Lazy-consensus one month is met by "Stop referring to X as
standard. It is not.". What one day is the holy-grail, is the next day too
complex and should be abandonned. Swings from PicoContainer to Enterprise
container and back over a short period of time.

So, figuratively speaking, I am pulling out the big guns, start shooting in
all directions and see what is left standing when the dust settles. I am
tired of "indecisiveness", especially when the problem is opinion-makers who
doesn't back their words with action.

So, if "Status Quo" is desirable as Avalon 4 goes, then A4 is DONE!!! Get on
with life. If you are happy about it, use it, patch it, do whatever. I don't
care.
Look at Cortez - Burn the Ships, what I brilliant idea. No turning back, must
move on. And only in one direction - FORWARD. You don't want to move, the
mosquitos will soon eat you. Your choice.

I honestly don't care if Merlin is the container to rally around. What I do
care about is the stalemate and back tracking that is hampering this
community.

Niclas