Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/26 23:50:01 UTC

Updating Jackrabbit license headers for 2006

Hi,

The Jackrabbit source files contain the standard "Copyright 2004-2005
..." license header. I was looking for an ASF policy on how and when
the copyright statements should be changed to include the year 2006
when I found a related discussion [1] on the legal-discuss@apache.org
mailing list. It appears that there is a new license policy coming up
with a new license header, so I suppose there no need to change the
license headers for now.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200601.mbox/thread

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

Re: Updating Jackrabbit license headers for 2006

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> The Jackrabbit source files contain the standard "Copyright 2004-2005
> ..." license header. I was looking for an ASF policy on how and when
> the copyright statements should be changed to include the year 2006
> when I found a related discussion [1] on the legal-discuss@apache.org
> mailing list. It appears that there is a new license policy coming up
> with a new license header, so I suppose there no need to change the
> license headers for now.
>
> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
> 200601.mbox/thread

Right, don't change them yet -- if you want, you can add an issue
to jira to replace the license headers prior to 1.0 release and
assign me to it.

....Roy