Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by sathesh kumar <sa...@valueshore.com> on 2004/07/14 14:18:21 UTC

Exception while executing

Hai,
   The following things are happening when i execute the Struts application in
my browser.
My configuration .
 1. Tomcat 5 server
 2. jdk 1.4
 3. struts1.1 (struts.jar )

I created ActionForm,Action classes (WEB-INF\classes) and struts-
html.tld,struts-config.xml,web.xml (WEB-INF)
and put struts.jar(WEB-INF\lib)

The following is my index.jsp

In struts-config.xml
<struts-config>
    <form-beans>
       <form-bean name="lookupForm" type="LookupForm" />
    </form-beans>
    <action-mappings>
        <action path="/Lookup" type="LookupAction" name="lookupForm" >
            <forward name = "success" path = "/quote.jsp"/>
            <forward name = "failure" path = "/index.jsp"/>
        </action>
    </action-mappings>
</struts-config>

My Application configuration

/struts
        index.jsp
        quote.jsp
    \WEB-INF
            struts-config.xml
            struts-html.tld
            web.xml
        \classes
            LookupForm.class
            LookupAction.class
        \lib
            struts.jar

when i try to execute this application the following exception is occuring...

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans
collection
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans
collection

In my Tomcat\logs\stdout.txt file having the following statment.
Jul 13, 2004 12:00:53 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources <init>

INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true

Please suggest me to execute this application. ( This is one small example
given in Jakarta Struts 1.1 book).
Awaiting for solution.

Thanks,
Sathesh.c