Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by daniel williams <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/18 15:13:18 UTC

data migration / ETL

My organization has run into a handful of issues around migration of
structures of documents from varying versions of software built upon
couchdb.  Has anyone in the nets come up with a good solution for structural
changes of documents that coincide with major/minor/maintenance releases of
software leverage couchdb?  perhaps a couch ETL?

Thanks.

dan

Re: data migration / ETL

Posted by Nestor Urquiza <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would recommend looking at Talend Open Studio (TOS) Probably the
JSON components will not be enough but they could easily be extended.

I suggest opening a question in TOS forum about having this support.
If anyone decides to do so I would appreciate replying back with the
link to the post either to the mailing list or my gmail address. I
know I will be jumping into the same question soon once our product
starts producing.

Thanks!
-Nestor

Re: data migration / ETL

Posted by Ryan Ramage <ry...@gmail.com>.
There is Costco:
https://github.com/harthur/costco

Or Recline:
https://github.com/maxogden/recline

Not sure if those will have enough horsepower for you though.

After reading your question again, it seems to be more about release
management...the versions of software using docs in couch, and
managing the document 'schema'.  In the sql world I have used liqibase
[http://www.liquibase.org/manual/home]. Although I find schema-less
much more relaxing,  I could see some cases where a tool like
liquibase for couchdb would be useful.

Ryan

--
Twitter: @eckoit