Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tarun Agrawal <ta...@infy.com> on 2001/10/19 17:21:53 UTC

Service for Tomcat3.2.3

Hi

I'm currently running jk_nt_service.exe for making Tomcat as a service.

But as soon as a particular user logs out, Tomcat service automatically
gets killed.
Is it suppose to behave this way or am I doing something wrong?
In Services, I made it "System Account" and Deselected "Allow service to
interact with desktop" option also.

Thanks
Tarun

RE: Service for Tomcat3.2.3

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv>.
I had the same problem days ago, and it was answered on the list.

Edit your wrapper.properties file (usually in TOMCAT_HOME/conf) and ad -Xrs
option to the last line, like this:
wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin) -Xrs -classpath $(wrapper.class_path)
$(wrapper.startup_class) -config $(wrapper.server_xml) -home
$(wrapper.tomcat_home)

That should do it... it aparently is a Sun problem with jdk 1.3 and 1.3.1.

Ylan Segal.