Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ga...@bbh.com on 2007/03/21 15:46:40 UTC

MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Following http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Websphere_Installation, I cannot
been able to disable JSF Sun RI, and load MyFaces Impl JSF first.

I already tried with WAS 6.0 with success, but not with this new version
of WAS.

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.

Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Ga...@bbh.com.
Hey Ryan, all:

Following up with your last comment (really valuable one, thanks), I
realized that the order of the classpath is correct. myfaces-xxx.jar's are
at the top (then, should be loaded first).

Looking at the logs again, I am getting this:
[3/22/07 9:56:03:295 EDT] 00000022 MyFacesResour E
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger error Unable to find resource
src/__package__.js for component dojo.DojoResourceLoader. Check that this
file is available in the classpath in sub-directory /resource of the
package-directory.
[3/22/07 9:56:03:295 EDT] 00000022 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set
status. Response already committed.
[3/22/07 9:56:03:295 EDT] 00000022 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set
header. Response already committed.
[3/22/07 9:56:03:420 EDT] 00000022 MyFacesResour E
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger error Unable to find resource
__package__.js for component dojo.DojoResourceLoader. Check that this file
is available in the classpath in sub-directory /resource of the
package-directory.
[3/22/07 9:56:03:420 EDT] 00000022 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set
status. Response already committed.
[3/22/07 9:56:03:436 EDT] 00000022 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set
header. Response already committed.

Some comments here:
I am using:
myfaces-impl-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
myfaces-api-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
tomahawk-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

Here it seems a problem with the filter, that I am trying to dig into it.
But the weird thing about it, is that in a previous version of WAS
(6.0....) this exact same app works fine.

Any help?

"Ryan Wynn" <bi...@gmail.com>
03/21/2007 12:43 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

In the web based WAS Admin Console you can see exactly the order of the
jars that websphere is loading for your application.  You have to dig into
the nested links for classloader after clicking on your app under
Enterprise Apps.  The end result is a tree view consisting of all the jars
in the classpath in the order they will be loaded.  You want to make sure
myfaces-xxx.jar is at the top of the tree above the was jars.

This helped us confirm that our PARENT_LAST classloader setting was indeed
taking affect. It ended up working fine.  Depending on whether you choose
application or module for your classloader scope, make sure you are
viewing the corresponding classloader details.

On 3/21/07, Gabriel.Enriquez@bbh.com <Gabriel.Enriquez@bbh.com > wrote:

Werner,
I am trying to follow your suggestion. To double check, I am just removing
these files:

myfaces-api-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

and leaving:
tomahawk-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

Or what is the approach?

Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
03/21/2007 11:07 AM

Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" < users@myfaces.apache.org>

users@myfaces.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Gabriel.Enriquez@bbh.com schrieb:

> In fact according to the document I am making reference for installation
> says
> "/Unlike Websphere 6.0, in Websphere 6.1 the JSF Sun RI is bundled
> together with several other WAS libraries in
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer_2.0.0.jar, so removing the webspheres JSF API
> jars is not an option. /"
>
> That is why I proceed with the class loader orders.
>
> But the problem persists.

ok... following, can you try to shift your application towards Sun RI
settings?
Tomahawk should work with the RI.

Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Gabriel.Enriquez@bbh.com schrieb:

> Following http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Websphere_Installation, I
> cannot been able to disable JSF Sun RI, and load MyFaces Impl JSF first.
>
> I already tried with WAS 6.0 with success, but not with this new version
> of WAS.
>
> Anybody can help?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ah thanks for moving this over, I have added a last comment, but I will
repost it here.

I once had to deal with WAS (an older version)
there were some jsf jars lingering around in one of the shared lib dirs
of the app server, they were not overridable, not even by altering the

Afair the person solving the issue, was ripping out the jars and
replacing it with myfaces.

I am not sure how the situation presents itself within WAS 6.1
back then it was a wise move to rip out the IBM implementation
it was stuck between JSF 1.0 and JSF 1.1.

Any comments on this by more experienced WAS users?

Werner

RE: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Ga...@bbh.com.
BTW, i was postponing this one, but I do not know if any body is
experiencing a delay for reading the faces-config.xml file.

It was not happening or taking that long with previous WAS (< 6.0)
versions:

org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator
class=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger method=info org=null
prod=null component=null thread=[server.startup : 1]
          Reading config /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml

During this process is hang like 1min or more for each, faces-config.xml
it finds.

It seems that it has been trying to access Internet (where in my dev env.
do not have).

I've been trying with:
<!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer
Faces Config 1.0//EN"

"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">

and
<!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer
Faces Config 1.1//EN"

"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd">

and still the same.

Any comment/idea?

RE: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by Ga...@bbh.com.
Thanks Mario, it's working!

<ma...@accenture.com>
03/23/2007 03:26 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

<us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Yes?I did using the patch

Posted by William Diaz Pabón <wi...@hotmail.com>.
Hello.

when I do submit to the form leaves error in the page:

Parsed Expression of unsupported type for this operation. Expression class:
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionString. Expression: ' #{tabla.norma}'
Parsed Expression of unsupported type for this operation. Expression class:
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionString. Expression: ' #{tabla.tolerancia}'

in the page it has:

                                <t:column width="10%"
style="text-align:center"
                                          sortable="true">
                                  <f:facet name="header">
                                    <h:outputText value="NTC"
                                                  styleClass="encabezado"/>
                                  </f:facet>
                                  <t:inputText id="normaTabla"
                                               value="#{tabla.norma}"
                                               maxlength="5"
                                               size="10"
                                               required="false"

onkeypress="return(soloDigitosSinEnter(event,document.getElementById(\'frmLista:tipos:#{posList}:toleranciaTabla\')));"
                                               />
                                </t:column>
                                <t:column width="10%"
style="text-align:center"
                                          sortable="true">
                                  <f:facet name="header">
                                    <h:outputText value="Tolerancia"
                                                  styleClass="encabezado"/>
                                  </f:facet>
                                  <t:inputText id="toleranciaTabla"
                                               value="#{tabla.tolerancia}"
                                               maxlength="8"
                                               size="10"
                                               required="false"

onkeypress="return(soloDigitosDecimalSinEnter(event,document.getElementById(\'frmLista:tipos:#{posList}:cbGuardar\')));"
                                                />
                                </t:column>

how can i solve it?

William Diaz Pabón

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/

RE: MyFaces on WAS 6.1.0.2

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
Yes....if you set the variable does work!

Yahoooo :-)

Ciao

Mario

Make sure you use variable, as Mario said:

"After the installation of the fixpack, don't forget to set the
Webcontainer custom property to 'true':
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility (read "PROBLEM
CONCLUSION" section) "

Gabriel.Enriquez@bbh.com

03/23/2007 03:10 PM