Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2023/06/08 06:42:03 UTC

A new repo for sqlalchemy-drill

Hi folks!

The sqlalchemy-drill Python package is a popular Drill client and used
by applications like Supserset and Airflow. I've contacted John Omernik,
the original author, who is happy for us to bring it under the Drill
umbrella where Drill developers can assume responsibility for its
maintenance and enhancement. The package source code is MIT licensed
meaning that we are free to redistribute it under the Apache license
with an attribution to the original. I've written some of the
sqlalchemy-drill code myself so I'm familiar with it and happy to take
the initial lead on supporting it. Does anyone have any questions or
concerns about this proposal?

Regards
James

Re: A new repo for sqlalchemy-drill

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to get a Software Grant Agreement filled in [1]?

Are there any other contributors to sqlalchemy-drill who should be
approached to see if they are happy to have their contributions
donated to the ASF and to have the license of this code changed to the
Apache Software License?

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html#grants