Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Br...@alltel.com on 2007/10/19 15:51:50 UTC

Roller timezones

Hi All

I have a team member that is in India and he is curious about what
timezone to choose.  Here is his question:

Well, out of curiosity, I have question - from where you took dropdown
list for timezone?
It is not having entry for Asia/Mumbai,Asia/Chennai and Asia/Delhi.
It does have entries for Asia/dili and Asia/Calcutta(which should be
asia/Kolkatta).

Does anyone know what I can tell him to choose for a timezone?

Regards,
Brian Harris
Alltel - Enterprise Integration Support
501.905.5011

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, Alltel requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.

Re: tag that contains more than one word?

Posted by Richard Jones <fu...@gmail.com>.
We're using the '_' (underscore) character on our Roller installation.
 Seems the norm for tagging.

HTH,

Richard

Re: blog hit count contains spiders etc...?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/07, Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> wrote:
> does the $site.getHotWeblogs macro returns all hits including spiders, bots etc...?

Yes, it's just a raw hit counter.

> if so, is there a way to filter it? or dealing with not showing those hits?

No. I'd like to see some stats improvements in Roller, but until then
I'd recommend using Google Analytics or something like that if you
want a more accurate count.

- Dave

blog hit count contains spiders etc...?

Posted by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>.
Hi all;

does the $site.getHotWeblogs macro returns all hits including spiders, bots etc...?

if so, is there a way to filter it? or dealing with not showing those hits?

thanks.

Re: Roller timezones

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/07, Brian.Harris@alltel.com <Br...@alltel.com> wrote:
> I have a team member that is in India and he is curious about what
> timezone to choose.  Here is his question:
>
> Well, out of curiosity, I have question - from where you took dropdown
> list for timezone? It is not having entry for Asia/Mumbai,Asia/Chennai and Asia/Delhi.
> It does have entries for Asia/dili and Asia/Calcutta(which should be
> asia/Kolkatta).

That list of timezones is created by reading all timezones available
from the Java VM on which Roller is running. So, if your timezone is
missing this is a but in the Java VM and probably not in Roller.

> Does anyone know what I can tell him to choose for a timezone?

Generally, he should choose the timezone that most closely represents
where he is located. For example, my blog server is located in Oregon
in the Pacific timezone, but I live in North Carolina in the Eastern
timezone -- so I pick Eastern as the timezone for my Roller user and
my Roller blog.

- Dave