Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Yuri Schimke <yu...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 12:55:11 UTC

mvn deploy fails to Archiva repository on network drive

when I run mvn deploy I get the following error

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from XXX-snapshots
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-1
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot XXX:XXX:1.2-SNAPSHOT'
could not be retrieved from repository: XXX-snapshots due to an error:
Failed to transfer file:
http://host:8083/repository/XXX-snapshots/XXX/XXX/1.2-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.
Return code is: 412
[INFO] Repository 'XXX-snapshots' will be blacklisted

I'm running Archiva on Windows 2000, and the snapshot repository is an
existing one that is stored on a network drive.

Since 412 is SC_PRECONDITION_FAILED basically means one of the If-*
checks failed, perhaps its related to the network drive not supporting
some file metadata?

Has anyone else seen this error?

--
Yuri Schimke