Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org> on 2008/10/08 10:00:55 UTC

RE: Xdoc documentation

Hi,

> > I was reading about the intermediate language xdoc and I found that
> > there is no difference between all this web pages:
> > * document-v20
> > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
> > * howto-v20
> > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/howto-v20.dtdx.html
> > * faq-v20
> > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/faq-v20.dtdx.html
> >
> > Would be like that or there is something wrong? If it is
> ok, what's the
> > reason to have the same content 3 times with different names?
>
> Look again. They are all different. It's true that the how to and faq
> documents use most of the otehr dtd but they are different.
> Look at the
> top level elements for a start.

Thank Ross. I see the difference now. I sent the email it so quickly :-)

BTW, in [1] the example talks about document-v13. Should it be updated
to document-v20 ?

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
R&D and Innovation Department
CTIC Foundation [Asturias, Spain]
www.fundacionctic.org

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/validation.html

Re: Xdoc documentation

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:

> > > I was reading about the intermediate language xdoc and I found that
> > > there is no difference between all this web pages:
> > > * document-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
> > > * howto-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/howto-v20.dtdx.html
> > > * faq-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/faq-v20.dtdx.html
> > >
> > > Would be like that or there is something wrong? If it is
> > ok, what's the
> > > reason to have the same content 3 times with different names?
> >
> > Look again. They are all different. It's true that the how to and faq
> > documents use most of the otehr dtd but they are different.
> > Look at the top level elements for a start.
>
> Thank Ross. I see the difference now. I sent the email it so quickly :-)
>
> BTW, in [1] the example talks about document-v13. Should it be updated
> to document-v20 ?

Yes, please send a patch. However it should ideally
be for the current version of docs, i.e. docs_0_90
We don't maintain the old docs.

-David