Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Amine Benkirane <be...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/11 14:06:39 UTC

Differents currencies in one webstore

  Hi,

Is it possible to have products which prices are in differents currencies in one webstore ? Or we have to create one webstore for each currency we use ?

In my case, we want to bought product for france and poland from one ofbiz instance. This instance will permit to sale products from france (currency = 'EUR') and poland (currency = 'PLN'). So, can I do this by creating only one webstore or it's necessary to create 2 webstores, one for each country ?
For now, I created only one webstore with default currency = 'EUR' and when I want to add a product which have only product with PLN currency, I had the error : don't find validate price for this product, can't add it to shopping cart...

Regards,

Amine

Email envoyé avec Windows Live Hotmail. Dites adieux aux spam et virus, passez à Hotmail ! C'est gratuit !
http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp

Re: Build to update a production database

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Please Eric, for the sake of thread continuity, create a new message when the topic is unrelated.
I did the same error in the past when I joigned the list and now I better understand how it can be annoying when browsing old
threads (in Nabble for instance).

About  your question, you might be interested by http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Upgrading+OFBiz+from+earlier+revisions

Jacques

From: "Eric DE MAULDE" <er...@free.fr>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, David is right. My anwser was for OFBiz OOTB. If you want to customise to allow user to choose his/her currency have a look at
setSessionCurrencyUom

Jacaques

From: "Amine Benkirane" <be...@hotmail.com>
Thanks for your answer but, I have another question : what parameter or variable have I to set in order to indicate that the
webstore is in the currency the user select ?

Regards,

Amine

> From: jonesde@hotwaxmedia.com
> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Differents currencies in one webstore
> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:21:23 -0600
>

> Actually, you don't have to have one ProductStore per currency. The
> currency setting on the store is only the default currency. If you add
> something to the UI to change the currency then it should work fine.
>
> On the other hand you do have to have a ProductPrice record for each
> currency you want to sell it in (there is no automatic conversion by
> default).
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 11, 2008, at 7:15 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > One webstore per currency is required
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > From: "Amine Benkirane" <be...@hotmail.com>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to have products which prices are in differents
> > currencies in one webstore ? Or we have to create one webstore for
> > each currency we use ?
> >
> > In my case, we want to bought product for france and poland from one
> > ofbiz instance. This instance will permit to sale products from
> > france (currency = 'EUR') and poland (currency = 'PLN'). So, can I
> > do this by creating only one webstore or it's necessary to create 2
> > webstores, one for each country ?
> > For now, I created only one webstore with default currency = 'EUR'
> > and when I want to add a product which have only product with PLN
> > currency, I had the error : don't find validate price for this
> > product, can't add it to shopping cart...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Amine

Installez gratuitement les 20 émôticones Windows Live Messenger les plus fous ! Cliquez ici !
http://www.emoticones-messenger.fr/

RE: Differents currencies in one webstore

Posted by Amine Benkirane <be...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.