Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org> on 2017/09/07 10:38:04 UTC

Re: cloud-set-guest-password working with systemctl

Hi,

On my side we use cloud-init in all our Linux templates. We got it to work
for password, password-reset, sshkey and sshkey-reset. It also support
user-data, and provide an easy way to manage a different user than root.

I think our community documentation need an update on this topic...

Cheers,

Le 28 août 2017 5:29 PM, "Sebastian Gomez" <ti...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I had the same problem like Marc and I could not resolve it on Ubuntu 16.04.
I followed the cloudstack steps to set it up, but the script is not running
well on our environment.

If I execute the script from command line, it works fine. During the boot
process, there is any problem on systemd and DHCP conjunction, and VR is
not reachable to reply this request.

On the other hand, I found many different versions of this OLD script, and
I remember that we had to use other community version also for Ubuntu
14.04. I noticed that this is a very old script, and has not been modified
for years.
As you proposed, I'm trying to do it via cloud-init. Just landed from
holidays I will finish this integration.

To do a so simply task like setting up a simple template is becoming a
nightmare, so *I would like to know how people *is setting Ubuntu templates
up?
- SSL key pairs? would be a good way, but Cloudstack 4.9.2 does not allow
to manage SSL key pairs using the GUI, only via API, so this is not a way
for not advanced users.
- Default user/password?

I can't believe that we are the only two buddies with this problem.

Regards.

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

We had this issue on ubuntu 14.04 before, it is fixed by downgrading
lsb-base

apt-get install -y lsb-base=4.1+Debian11ubuntu6 --force-yes

-Wei

Posted by Sebastian Gomez <ti...@gmail.com>.
OMG! This information is Gold for me, I'm crying now, so many years using
clodustack without know this...

Thanks a lot.

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez

AW: cloud-set-guest-password working with systemctl

Posted by Sebastian Gomez <ti...@gmail.com>.
Could you share them, please?