Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 16:25:13 UTC

iOS TextInput textDisplay shows promptDisplay font color while typing

Hi Guys!

Anyone expirienced problem from subject on IOS 7?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-27034

It is closed but I have reproduced it on IOS7/6

Piotr

-----
Flex/Air developer open to new job offers and challenges.
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

RE: iOS TextInput textDisplay shows promptDisplay font color while typing

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Flex 4.12 RC1

-----
Flex/Air developer.

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ofcourse this happened only on IOS devices.

-----

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maurice!

Jira ticket for the second problem:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34100

Piotr

-----

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Yes please.

BTW, I have opened a ticket for the first problem as well, because it's on TextInputSkin, and on iOS6 as well.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34099

Maurice

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Never seen that issue before.
Maybe it's caused by the embedded fonts.

- Does it occur if you use non-embedded font, and TextInputSkin ?
- does it occur on the AIR emulator ?

Maurice

This is one part of problem, the second part is When I tap on TextInput with spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin coursor is setted at the end of text input.
It looks like this ->

http://i.imgur.com/xI8ooOz.jpg

-----

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Ah, it looks like the flex-based skin also needs some fixing...

I will have a look at it.

Maurice

Yes but I back to the root of problem, gray color while typing on IOS.

-----

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
You are correct. Embedded fonts cannot be used with StageText, because they are not available to the OS.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/text/StageText.html

In this case, use the flex-based skin (spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin), with its inherent limitations (no softkeyboardType, etc...)

Maurice

If I understand correct those skins use StageText and it doesn't display embedded font... So what is the solution for that problem If I want to use embedded font and have correct font color while typing ?

-----

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Maurice what about embedded font in TextInputs ? If I use this skin and have
embedded font in my application, it should work ? My prompt display in
correct embedded font, but typed text not...

Piotr

-----

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maurice. :) Now everything is ok. :)

Best regards
Piotr.

-----

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
spark.components.supportClasses.ScrollableStageText  ( in mobilecomponents.swc)

spark.skins.mobile.ScrollingStageTextInputSkin  (in mobile.swc theme)

Note: you don't need to set the skin explicity, just use TextInput and it will use by default ScrollingStageTextInputSkin

Maurice

In whitch package shoud be ScrollabelStageTextInputSkin ? Becouse I see only spark.components.supportClasses.ScrollableStageText.

-----

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Hi,
It's seems to be the same as:
FLEX-34059  StageTextInput with prompt turns entered text gray on iOS 7
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34059

Which I have fixed for ScrollableStageText / ScrollabelStageTextInputSkin (new default skin TextInput) but not for deprecated StageTextInputSkin.

Can you try with default skin ?

Maurice

Btw. I use StageTextInputSkin and have embedded font in TextInput

-----