Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/06/05 00:26:05 UTC

Some garbage from a failed maven-release-plugin deployment in the repo

Hi

A user stumbled upon these files in the repo:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-release-plugin/2.0-beta-6/2.0-beta-6.rip/

After fiddling with the stage-plugin I realized that these are leftovers
from a failed deployment. I assume they should be removed.

Emmanuel, will you do or should I?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Some garbage from a failed maven-release-plugin deployment in the repo

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 4 Jun 07, at 6:26 PM 4 Jun 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> A user stumbled upon these files in the repo:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-release-plugin/2.0-beta-6/2.0-beta-6.rip/
>>

>> After fiddling with the stage-plugin I realized that these are
>> leftovers from a failed deployment. I assume they should be removed.
>>

> They can be removed whenever. The last phase of the stage copying is to
> execute a script on the server side to rename the release-in-process
> (rip) marked directories. They are harmless and won't affect any users,
> I figured a cron job to blow them all away occasionally would do the trick.

I have removed these files now.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.