Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Shan Wang <Sh...@igindex.co.uk> on 2009/06/22 11:11:18 UTC

how to shutdown a qpid broker running on a specific port

On linux it seems qpidd -quite will shutdown the broker running on port
5672 by default. If I have more than one brokers running on the same
machine, how can I shutdown them gracefully by using qpidd commonds?

Now I'm stopping them by using kill, but that seems causing some trouble
on the next start, during which it would complain the following error:

2009-jun-22 09:45:48 critical Daemon startup failed: Exchange already
exists: amq.direct (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:489)

2009-jun-22 09:45:48 critical Broker start-up failed: Daemon startup
failed: Exchange already exists: amq.direct (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:489)

Thanks in advance,

Shan

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

RE: how to shutdown a qpid broker running on a specific port

Posted by Shan Wang <Sh...@igindex.co.uk>.
It works, thanks.

> On linux it seems qpidd -quite will shutdown the broker running on
port
> 5672 by default. If I have more than one brokers running on the same
> machine, how can I shutdown them gracefully by using qpidd commonds?

Specify the port in use, e.g. for 5673:

     qpidd --quit --port 5673

> Now I'm stopping them by using kill, but that seems causing some
trouble
> on the next start, during which it would complain the following error:

That is also fine.

> 2009-jun-22 09:45:48 critical Daemon startup failed: Exchange already
> exists: amq.direct (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:489)
>
> 2009-jun-22 09:45:48 critical Broker start-up failed: Daemon startup
> failed: Exchange already exists: amq.direct (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:489)

This is a separate issue. In a clustered broker, you currently have to
have an empty store for all but the first node in the cluster.  This
should be addressed in a future release (it is fixed on trunk I believe
by moving the current store 'out the way' to a subfolder on startup if
the node is not the first in the cluster). For now, when restarting a
node, if it is not the first node in the cluster you have to do that
manually.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.