Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Thummala, Sandhya" <Sa...@ca.com> on 2009/01/15 06:19:51 UTC

How to install Maven plugins locally

Hi All,
I am using maven-surefire-report-plugin to generate unit test reports.
Is there a way to install maven plugins locally? To explain further, if
my build machine doesn't have internet access, I download the maven
plugins that are required to run the reports manually, then install each
of these plugins on the build machine using install-file goal, then use
it to generate sure-fire reports.
I tried doing this, maven-surefire-report-plugin is installed in my
local repository using mvn install, but while executing the build, maven
is not able to find this plugin. I am getting following error:
     [exec] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
     [exec] [INFO]
     [exec] [INFO] The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sandhya Thummala

Re: How to install Maven plugins locally

Posted by 苏林冲 <su...@gmail.com>.
maybe you can try to lay the maven-plugins you have downloaded to the local
repo according to the rules:
local repo path/groupId/artifactId/versions
such as:
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-install-plugin/2.2/maven-install-plugin-2.2.jar

try it?

--
漠洋(苏琳冲)
SuLinchong

Re: How to install Maven plugins locally

Posted by 苏林冲 <su...@gmail.com>.
zhang's suggestion is better^_^
yes ,copy the local repo from another machine also is good !

--
漠洋(苏琳冲)
SuLinchong

Re: How to install Maven plugins locally

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <g....@sourcesense.com>.

Posted by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@radvision.com>.