Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Pavel Tarasenko <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 11:51:44 UTC

svnsync - commit replaying problem

Hi all,

We have huge subversion repository (avg. 3.5 gigabytes, 140000+ revisions)
with svn 1.4.4 (yes, too old, but we can't change this), and two mirrors
with svn 1.6.9, synchronised through svnsync.
Few days ago svnsync stopped working. It can't process one particular
revision and displays "Transmitting file data .svnsync: Error while
replaying commit".

Changes in the revision was very simple - just one-line addition to unicode
(utf-16) text file, and svn 1.6.9 can update working copy with this revision
without any errors. Moreover, when we tried to reproduce this situation by
creation of test repository, that contain only this file, svnsync 1.6.9
works fine too!

At this time, the only solution we found is downgrade to svn1.4.4 at mirror
servers and then recreate and synchronize repositories from scratch.

Is seems like bug in svnsync... or does anybody have idea, what the problem
is?

Sincerely,
Pavel

Re: svnsync - commit replaying problem

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
J. Paul Reed wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 at 03:11 -0800:
> On 05 Feb 2010 at 12:51:44, Pavel Tarasenko arranged the bits on my disk to say:
>
> [SNIP].

Perhaps you could recreate the revision manually (i.e., commit to the
mirror NOT through svnsync) and tweak the svn:sync-* revprops
accordingly, to see if that'll persuade svnsync to continue past that
revision.  This might work.

> > Is seems like bug in svnsync... or does anybody have idea, what the
> > problem is?
>
> I have no clue, but I, too, have seen this problem trying to svnsync a
> 1.6.6 repo with a 1.6.6 version of svnsync.
>
> The error I'm running into is imminently reproducible, so I'd be happy to
> build a debug version and help debug to provide some more information; is
> there a good document on which build flags I should flip?

Pass --enable-maintainer-mode to configure, and read HACKING for
debugging tips (including how to debug a server; you may want to do
that).

As a starting point, note that the error Pavel cites is specific to
ra_svn (libsvn_ra_svn/client.c:2314; /me thanks the po files).  You can
dig deeper into the cause of that error, or perhaps try other RA layers
and hope for more informative errors...

Posted by "J. Paul Reed" <pr...@sigkill.com>.

--
J. Paul Reed + 0xDF8708F8 + preed@sigkill.com + web.sigkill.com/preed/