Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jesper Pedersen <je...@vip.cybercity.dk> on 2006/04/03 13:01:55 UTC

HtmlOutputLink in commandNavigation3 ?

Hi.

I just wanted to run an idea through the mailing list before digging too deep
into the code.

Currently HtmlCommandLink is used as base in HtmlCommandNavigation which
renders the link like <a href="#" ..../>. This can't be handled by a web-crawler.

But using HtmlOutputLink you are able to specify the 'href' value which can be
picked up (yeah - I know, but one problem at the time).

So how about making a new panelNavigation/commandNavigation pair that uses
HtmlOutputLink as the base class for link rendering ?

The idea is basically that you can do something like this:

<t:panelNavigation3 styleClass="menuGroup"
                   itemClass="menuGroup"
                   activeItemClass="menuGroup"
                   openItemClass="menuGroup">
    <t:commandNavigation3
value="#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/home.jsf">
 <h:outputText value="Home"/>

      <t:commandNavigation3
value="#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/about.jsf">
 <h:outputText value="About"/>
    </t:commandNavigation3>

    </t:commandNavigation3>

which will f.ex. output:

if 'Home' isn't active.

Of course the <f:param> should still work such that you could specify
paratemeters for the uri.

You could call this a 'static' navigation system compared with the other
systems, but the <f:param>'s will let you do 'dynamic' stuff.

Do you see this as doable ?
What is the best way to start (copy/paste) ?
And if so would a patch be accepted ?

Best regards,
 Jesper

P.S. Please, Cc: me since I'm not on the list (yet)