Posted to l10n@couchdb.apache.org by Arthur Vaïsse-Lesteven <ar...@yahoo.fr> on 2014/10/10 08:05:48 UTC

Do Apache CouchBase allow for distributed storage?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering the possibility to use couchbase. As far as I understand it, couchbase is a noSQL solution that store data as JSON documents. I also saw that it exists a package named GeoCouch that allow to build a spatial index and make geospatial queries. All this seems pretty good, and the last point that interest me is : do couchbase allow for distributed storage ? Can one set up multiple couchbase instance on a network and query them as a cluster ? I looked for this information for a while but don't see any information regarding to a distributed storage of informations. Can someone give me clues ?

NB : please consider the fact that as I'm not using couchbase yet, and so I didn't subscribed to the mailing list. Take care of adding my mail in the answer if you reply to this.

Sincerely,
Vaïsse-Lesteven Arthur.

Re: Do Apache CouchBase allow for distributed storage?

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Vaïsse-Lesteven,

ups - wrong project here :). But after reading your email, I think you mean
the Apache CouchDB project - correct? Couchbase (http://www.couchbase.com/)
is not CouchDB. If so, please use the user@couchdb.apache.org or

Happy to answer your questions there :)

Cheers