Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/01/20 11:45:41 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by shobo10

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The "FAQ" page has been changed by shobo10:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=141&rev2=142

  <<Anchor(range_ghosts)>>

  == Why do deleted keys show up during range scans? ==
- Because get_range_slice says, "apply this predicate to the range of rows given," meaning, if the predicate result is [http://www.45bet.com/betclic betclic €20] empty, we have to include an empty result for that row key.  It is perfectly valid to perform such a query returning empty column lists for some or all keys, even if no deletions have been performed.
+ Because get_range_slice says, "apply this predicate to the range of rows given," meaning, if the predicate result is [[http://www.45bet.com/betclic | betclic €20]] empty, we have to include an empty result for that row key.  It is perfectly valid to perform such a query returning empty column lists for some or all keys, even if no deletions have been performed.

  So to special case leaving out result entries for deletions, we would have to check the entire rest of the row to make sure there is no undeleted data anywhere else either (in which case leaving the key out would be an error).