Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 23:01:42 UTC

Jmeter + realtime Elasticsearch +Kibana

Hi
It looks like 1 person found this useful so just sharing the link- Here is
one more way to draw graphs for JMeter tests

http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2015/05/graphs-for-jmeter-using-elasticsearch.html

regards
deepak

RE: Jmeter + realtime Elasticsearch +Kibana

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Hey u all,

I am trying to set elasticsearch and kibana working with Jmeter ... I have installed anc configured elasticsearch and kibana and I can reach to it via my browser, my question is how do I make it work with jmeter and what attributes I have to insert ?

Thanks!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Yes  great one !

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Great share and post! Deepak!
>

> On 09/07/2015 21:01, Deepak Shetty wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> It looks like 1 person found this useful so just sharing the link- Here is
>> one more way to draw graphs for JMeter tests
>>

>> http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2015/05/graphs-for-jmeter-using-elasticsearch.html
>>
>> regards
>> deepak

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Jmeter + realtime Elasticsearch +Kibana

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Great share and post! Deepak!

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
So you have (atleast) two approaches
a) Logstash is another tool that you have to download - it allows you to
parse files and send records to ElasticSearch. You then run your Jmeter
test as normal(no backend listener needed) and configure Logstash to read
JMeters result file. I did run into issues reading the file as JMeter was
writing it (probably windows + older version of logstash) - However if you
wait till the test is complete , it should be fine
You should find examples of how to do this on Google.
OR
b) You do it as the blog post describes where you send the results to
ElasticSearch using the backend listener. This adds some overhead but you
dont need logstash. The code thats provided as part of the post *should*
work for you (and you can change it if you need)

regards
deepak

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.