Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Justin Wyllie <ju...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2010/08/18 11:41:53 UTC

Do I need my own keys for oAuth in Shindig?

I've read that Shindig has its own keys.
"One nice thing about gadget containers like Orkut or iGoogle supporting OAuth for the gadgets they host is that gadgets don’t need to bring their own consumer key and secret to the table. If they don’t have any, Shindig will just sign the OAuth request with its keys, and send the request on to the service provider that the gadget wants to talk to. "
Is this correct? Or do I need to install my own keys for signing (and OAUTH) to work? When I try to produce a signed request the field oauth_token is empty and my debugging so far indicates that it is failing to find a certificate so I'd assumed that I do need my own.
Thanks
Justin

RE: Do I need my own keys for oAuth in Shindig?

Posted by Justin Wyllie <ju...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Thanks.
I missed this. If anyone is using the PHP version and has the same question the process is the same - but the key name and path goes into container.php. (See the readme file in /certs.).

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner