Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2007/04/10 00:38:13 UTC

Packing up configurations for various servers

So how does one package up configuration per stack?  By stack I mean dev
integration env versus qa versus staging versus production (all of which
have various configuration changes).

What we've been doing is managing per stack configuration via
profiles.xml.  One of the drawbacks of this method is having to build a
particular configuration at build time rather than deploy time (we're
using ANT to deploy our various builds).

I'm writing this now as one of our modules out puts a war.  In our
property activated profile based assembly for this particular module, we
only want to bundle up the configuration files and don't need the war.
How can I exclude it (I only want the property files the
process-resources step generates)?

Re: Packing up configurations for various servers

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Create a maven project for your configurations. Then use
remote-resources:bundle on it.

And on the maven projects that need those configurations file, use
remote-resources:process ( with reference to your configuration maven
project ) to retrieve those resources.

See [1] for more info on maven-remote-resources-plugin.

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin