Posted to issues@cxf.apache.org by irfannagoo <ir...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/06 16:11:06 UTC

Empty request tag in the wadl

Hi,

I'm using CXF 2.5.1 in WAS 8 container.  When I send a wadl request to the
container, I get something like this:

<method name="GET">
<request/>
<response>
<representation mediaType="application/xml"
element="prefix1:authorisation_response"></representation>
</response>
</method>

As it could be seen that response tag is fully populated with correct
representation tag values however, request tag is empty. Surely, I have
added @Consume tag over the GET operation in question in the servlet and I
have also mention @ElementClass with corresponding requests and response
classes. The JAXB2.1 generated request class has @XmlRootElement with
namspace added to it.

I have been trying various way to get the right request tag but no success.
I just can't see Request tag carrying representation tag in it even though
response tag is just perfect. Can any one please help on this?

Thanks,
Irfan

Re: Empty request tag in the wadl

Posted by irfannagoo <ir...@gmail.com>.

Thanks for your help Sergey, I got the representation tag populated with
correct parameters within request tag. Actually, I was passing request with
"@PathParam" annotation and CXF seems to ignore the request attributes while
generating wadl. However, when I  passed the request as normal method
parameter (removing the '@PathParam' annotation), I was able to get request
with correct representation tag.

So, the above method signature works just fine.

Posted by irfannagoo <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information Sergey! I will keep that in mind.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 07/03/12 10:06, irfannagoo wrote:

> Thanks for your help Sergey, I got the representation tag populated with
> correct parameters within request tag. Actually, I was passing request with
> "@PathParam" annotation and CXF seems to ignore the request attributes while
> generating wadl

It does not in most cases, even '@PathParam("") AuthorizationData' would
probably work though this option has less sense for @PathParam...

But you have '@PathParam("bar") AuthorizationData' then there's nothing
CXF can do to figure out how to represent AuthorizationData as a
template parameter

Sergey

> However, when I  passed the request as normal method
> parameter (removing the '@PathParam' annotation), I was able to get request
> with correct representation tag.
>

> Thanks,
> Irfan

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: Empty request tag in the wadl

Posted by irfannagoo <ir...@gmail.com>.
Something like this:

@POST
@Path("/post")
@Consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML)
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML)
@ElementClass(request = AuthorisationRequest.class, response =
AuthorisationResponse.class)
public Response testPOST(@Context HttpHeaders headers,  AuthorisationRequest
request)
{

}

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, how does the method signature look like, ex, of the method dealing
with POST ?

Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 06/03/12 15:11, irfannagoo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using CXF 2.5.1 in WAS 8 container.  When I send a wadl request to the
> container, I get something like this:
>
> <method name="GET">
> <request/>
> <response>
> <representation mediaType="application/xml"
> element="prefix1:authorisation_response"></representation>
> </response>
> </method>
>
> As it could be seen that response tag is fully populated with correct
> representation tag values however, request tag is empty. Surely, I have
> added @Consume tag over the GET operation in question in the servlet and I
> have also mention @ElementClass with corresponding requests and response
> classes. The JAXB2.1 generated request class has @XmlRootElement with
> namspace added to it.
>
> I have been trying various way to get the right request tag but no success.
> I just can't see Request tag carrying representation tag in it even though
> response tag is just perfect. Can any one please help on this?

It's probably to do with the fact GET is not supposed to have incoming
message payloads. What exactly do you expect to see there ?

Cheers, Sergey