Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Williamson, Siehnai" <sw...@docucorp.com> on 2002/02/19 18:22:48 UTC

Schema element Id doesn't work

Hi,

The Element Declaration Id used in XMLElementDecl is often duplicated.
Isn't this Id supposed to be unique?  When using SEnumVal, the getId()
function will retrieve the same Id's for different elements.  This is
causing havoc in my application.  Please clarify how the Decl Id is supposed
to work and what is its purpose.  The document I used is below.

 <<CPSExample.xsd>>

Thanks,
Siehnai

Re: Schema element Id doesn't work

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Schema element Id doesn't workThe Schema Grammar doesn't use the element id, and does not set the element id.   Instead, Schema Grammar uses the element QName (uriId and locallpart) and the enclosing scope to uniquely identiy each element.

Tinny