Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Amarish Khopkar <ak...@captechventures.com> on 2002/10/18 17:01:36 UTC

Trying to obtain Alexandria

Dear Developers,

I have had a chance to do research on your Alexandria project, and I must say that it is an impressive tool.  It appears to be a godsend to any open source development environment aiming to maintain versioning, and centralized source, javadoc and build control on a project basis.  I find it to be an ideal solution to our current deployment system, but have been unable to obtain a working release of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the alexandria-legacy.zip from the repository appears to be outdated, and is throwing java.lang.VerifyErrors.  And the one that downloads from the "Use Alexandria" hyperlink of the alexandria subproject doesn't appear to have an alexandria script and seems to be old.  In addition, it appears that every subproject except Alexandria appears to have  Release, Nightly builds, but Alexandria appears to have none of these.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me in obtaining a working release of Alexandria.

Thank You.

Amarish