Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Athalye, Rishi" <RA...@skandia.com> on 2003/02/10 23:06:53 UTC

include file in XSL

Hi,

We are creating a PDF by applying the XSL to the data (XML).
We are using several XSLs which present the data in different formats.
There is some content which is common for all these XSLs.
Can I do something similar to what is achievable via an include directive in
HTML.
Thus, I would not have to hard-code the common content in each XSL, but it
could lie in a common include file and all these XSL's would
include it before sending it to the FO PDF renderer.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Rishi Athalye
rathalye@skandia.com

Re: include file in XSL

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Rishi,

An xsl:include element exists:

http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/el_include.asp

NOTE: it must exist only as a child of xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform.
In other words, it must appear just below the root xsl:stylesheet element.

There is also xsl:import which is similar. I recommend picking up an XSL
  or XML book that explains how to use such things. You can also search
google.com (like I did for this post), for more information and tutorials.

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. Please make sure you post to the right place. fop-dev is where FOP
Development is discussed. fop-user *might* be OK for this type of
question, but xsl-list is the best. You can find out more about where to
post questions on this page (in the links on the left):

http://xml.apache.org/fop/gethelp.html

p.p.s. Please take a look at this link "How to Ask Questions the Smart
Way" for more info:

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

RE: include file in XSL

Posted by George Yi <gy...@srds.com>.
You can put those common things in a template and use call-template to
handle this.