Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Shabash <ps...@altair.com> on 2006/01/05 17:16:04 UTC

[users@httpd] LDAP crashes

Running Apache server 2.0.55 on Windows NT.  If I load LDAP as follows
in the httpd.conf file:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

the server crashes during shutdown of server and during any attempted
use of ldap for authentication.

No error messages are written into the log.  The only visible effect is
the usual Windows popup box ("Referenced memory at "0x00000".  Memory
could not be "read" etc.).

Does anyone know why this might happen?

(I installed Apache using the *.msi file, so I don't know what build
options were used. I assume that --with-ldap was used during the build.
 Otherwise, why would the ldap modules were bundled?  But...  Who
knows.)

Thanks
Paul