Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2017/09/05 18:53:02 UTC

[FlexJS, AMF] Steps to make FlexJS / Java - RemoteObject / AMF sample work

Hi,

to people interested in make AMF sample work here is what I did:

1.- Use the following branches:

       flex-falcon:develop
       flex-type-defs:feature/amf
       flex-asjs:feature/amf

build each one in that order with "mvn clean install" (you can add
-DskipTests to avoid run tests)

2.- Go to examples/flexjs/RemoteObjectAmfTest and build it with "mvn clean
install"
3.- Go to examples/ and build it with "mvn clean install"
4.- Go to examples/amf/SampleAmfWebApp and build it with "mvn clean install"
5.- In SampleAmfWebApp run "mvn spring-boot:run", this creates a jetty
instance in port 8080 and deploy "SampleAmfWwebApp"
6.- Go to "RemoteObjectAmfTest " and to "target/javascript/bin/js-debug/" Run
in a browser "index.html"

Now you can play with the interface and get a string or and Array of
objects.

Hope that helps, please try and report if you find some problem or
something that not works.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [FlexJS, AMF] Steps to make FlexJS / Java - RemoteObject / AMF sample work

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi PKumar,

I try a custom class object (I uploaded a Product example). That worked for
me, I think it has a String and a int or something like that. Did you try
that?
I didn't try more complex inheritance, but that is crucial to make RO be
used in real production cases.

As I'm this days working on Royale site and Alex said he wants to work as
well in other things. Could you help trying to get the rest of cases to
work?

That's would be very helpful and appreciated

Let us now!

Thanks

Carlos

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

Conocenos en 1 minuto! <https://youtu.be/P2IEAYDG5HU>

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS, AMF] Steps to make FlexJS / Java - RemoteObject / AMF sample work

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi PKumar,

thanks for test this! I only tested String and int as well, array and
simple VO without inheritance, did you test boolean, and other
simple/complex types? (i.e: Number, ByteArray,...)

Thanks!

Carlos

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Prashant,

Are you testing with the example code or your own app.  I see MainView in
the stack trace and there isn't one in the example.  If you have your own
code, make sure ClassAliasBead is a bead on the Application and not the
View.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Prashant.  It feels like you are somehow using an older version of the
compiler.  How are you building the app?

Is your server on localhost:8080?

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
no message on server console.  my server is  running under Eclipse.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Did any output show up in the server console? Is some other server running on localhost:8080?

________________________________
Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/t1149/Capture1.png>

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex, Piotr,

just rebase feature/amf branches, and seem only flex-asjs was delta
changes, so I solved conflicts in that repo and committed to develop. I
rebuild all and seems all is working ok. If you could try yourself with the
guide I put at the start of this thread to confirm all is ok as well for
you we could say we are done :)

amf branches now can be deleted, should I remove amf branches in all repos?

thanks!

Carlos

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05 <607%2022%2060%2005>

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [FlexJS, AMF] Steps to make FlexJS / Java - RemoteObject / AMF sample work

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Carlos Rovira