Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Bittermann <ma...@gmx.at> on 2005/02/08 10:53:09 UTC

Problem configure Datasource on Tomcat 4

Hi,
I tried to configure datasource as described in the How-To manual on tomcat
4, but it doesn´t work.

I found two ways to define a datasource and work with it:

On tomcat 4.1.24:
1. Define context-entry in server.xml for my application with resource entry
for datasource.
2. Define resource-ref in web.xml of my application.
Not a good way, because i cannot change my datasource via admin-console. I
have to edit server.xml file with editor and my server have to be restarted.

On tomcat 4.1.31:
Define datasource via admin-console and then edit server.xml and generate
content-entry with resource-link entry.

Its also poor because i also have to restart my server.

Is there a way to define datasource via admin-console and generate an entry
in my web.xml to get a connect to datasource?

Mario

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail