Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/09/06 21:29:40 UTC

Has anyone tried AOO with Windows 8.1 Preview?

The ISOs for Win 8.1 are available here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-iso

I'm wondering if anyone has tried AOO 4.0 with it yet?  If there are
any new critical issues there it would be good to know and possibly
fix in 4.0.1.

-Rob

Re: Has anyone tried AOO with Windows 8.1 Preview?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> The ISOs for Win 8.1 are available here:
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-iso
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has tried AOO 4.0 with it yet?  If there are
> any new critical issues there it would be good to know and possibly
> fix in 4.0.1.

I installed the 8.1 Preview on a VM, 64-bit, US English.   It seems to
work fine.  I didn't do an in-depth test, but did load each of the
apps and tried a few things.

Released date for Windows 8.1 is October 17th.  So this will be after
AOO 4.0.1, but before AOO 4.1.

Has any date been set for the new Mac OS yet?

-Rob