Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by oggie <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/30 17:18:28 UTC

looking to repackage java broker 0.16 in a debian package.

My goal is to be able to create a debian package that contains the java
broker and the scripts it needs to run.

I'm using Maven and the jDeb plugin to build the debian package.

1 - Does anyone have any experience/advice on how to best package this up in
a maven project?
2 - The broker comes with plugins in the lib/plugins folder, but I can't
locate them anywhere in a maven repo. Is there a repo? If not, why?

Thanks!

Re: looking to repackage java broker 0.16 in a debian package.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The qpid-all jar is just a manifest jar, I'm not sure we would ever bother
publishing it. I'd really prefer just to get rid of it. The script could be
altered to use classpath expansion the way it already does for the lib/opt
folder.

We are slowly working towards doing away with the need for config files and
scripts to start the broker later in the year to simplify this kind of
stuff.

Robbie

Posted by oggie <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by oggie <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robbie.

I was able to get a .deb file generated using a jdeb plugin in the maven
build.

It allows you to build a .deb, define what files go in the deb and their
installation location. It also allows you to define an init.d script for
starting up the broker. I haven't completed it all yet, but I don't see any
roadblocks, so I've figured out what I need to do.

I was just hoping someone had already done this and could offer tips.

I've also added the plugin jars to my maven repo for the time being till
they are in an external maven repo (hopefully soon).

Gary

Re: looking to repackage java broker 0.16 in a debian package.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I don't really have any experience to help on 1) I'm afraid, but I can
answer 2).

The plugins aren't currently in a/the maven repo that I'm aware of.
The reason is probably just that the person who originally made the
change to our (Ant based) build to generate the maven release
artifacts for the broker jar (in addition to the client artifacts we
had published previously) didnt need those bits and so didn't takes
steps to generate artifacts to have them published. I don't think
anyone has pointed it out until your post that this was the case, and
as a result publishing those bits has simply not happened previously.

Robbie