Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org> on 2003/10/24 17:23:04 UTC

Understanding Woody

Hi guys,

	Could you help me making order in my understanding of woody? I started
playing with it. What I'd like to do is get some data from the user and
put in into a DB.

I already have:

1. an XHTML page representing the form
2. a woody form definition
3. an XSP + ESQL which does database insertion of the request data

I need to:

1. Create an XSLT template from my XHTML Form Template
2. Put all this stuff into the sitemap in a proficient way

How can I do this? In the cocoon wiki I found the registration form
example but it uses the Woody Template Transformer I don't need (I have
all the pages designed by someone else). All I need to know is which
transformer to use to create an XSP out of my Form Definition.

I read about a Woody Form Instance whose namespace is "wi". I understand
I can create the XHTML trasforming the Form Instace with an XSLT. Is it
true or a I missing the point?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca