Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Donald Winston <do...@icloud.com> on 2014/08/21 21:50:04 UTC

Rivet 2.0 Installation

We’re trying to install Rivet 2.0 with Apache 2.4.10 via an rpm.

When the rivet module is turned on and Apache started we get an error involving ap_escape.html. It can’t find it. How would we resolve this problem?

Is it better/esier/more reliable to perform a make install with the source code instead?

Re: Rivet 2.0 Installation

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.
What is the version of rivet shipped with that package? Would you post a
copy&paste of the actual error message you see displayed? That symbol
doesn't say anything to me except it's a symbol referencing something
within the Apache code (perhaps a page of documentation?)

A installation from source code downloaded from http.apache.org always
worked well for me.

  -- Massimo

Re: Rivet 2.0 Installation

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Am 21.08.2014 21:50, schrieb Donald Winston:
> We’re trying to install Rivet 2.0 with Apache 2.4.10 via an rpm.
>
> When the rivet module is turned on and Apache started we get an error involving ap_escape.html. It can’t find it. How would we resolve this problem?
>
> Is it better/esier/more reliable to perform a make install with the source code instead?

If it is the rpm on :

http://software.opensuse.org/package/apache2-mod_rivet?search_term=apache2-mod_rivet

I am at last in charge.

What is your platform ?

On opensuse, it should work without modifying the apache config.
On other platforms this might be necessary.

Regards,
Harald