Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Partogi, Joshua" <Jo...@AIG.com> on 2008/05/02 16:19:02 UTC

Why does T5 use filter based bootstrapper

Dear all,

Does anyone knows why T5 prefers using Filter instead of Servlet or Listener
for bootstrapping? I found this very difficult to integrate with other
Security frameworks like Spring Security 2.0 or JSecurity because it seems
that the security filters are not recognized even though I have placed in
web.xml on top of the T5 filter. Would it be a good idea if I create a
Listener bootstrapper or Servlet bootstrapper for T5 to prevent this
problem?

Thanks in advance

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof.  Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by American International Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: Why does T5 use filter based bootstrapper

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It was the simplest and best method for ensuring simple, short URLs
without requiring tons of configuration in web.xml.  Everything
filters through Tapestry and it can identify which URLs apply to it.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

RE: Why does T5 use filter based bootstrapper

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
It's my understanding that the Filter approach makes it much easier to have
"friendly" URL's.  With T4, everything had to map under /app/.  With T5, you
just set up exclusions for whatever servlets you want to run.

I have had no problem using tapestry5-acegi that uses Acegi 1.0.x Security.
I haven't tried with Spring 2.0 security.

Post your web.xml, and applicationContext.xml files, as well as any error
messages, if any.

Jonathan