Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 刘明敏 <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/14 12:51:41 UTC

1.what if broker disk is full? 2. About Log Retention Policy

1.how will kafka server behave when dish if full? will it crush the system
or just kill itself or anything else when the broker's disk is full?

2. I see this in the section of "Log Retention Policy" from
config/server.properties file

# A segment will be deleted whenever *either* of these criteria are met.
> Deletion always happens
> # from the end of the log.

    'from the end of the log' means the latest log?

--
Best Regards

刘明敏 | mmLiu

Re: 1.what if broker disk is full? 2. About Log Retention Policy

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
1. Broker will shut itself down on any I/O exception during writes.

2. Earliest segments are deleted first.

Jun