Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Anil <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/06 11:29:13 UTC

JDBCAppendTableSink Metric

I need to monitor the latency and other similar metric for the Mysql Sink
that Flink writes to. I'm using  JDBCAppendTableSink. Any way how I can
check these. Thanks!

Re: JDBCAppendTableSink Metric

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hequn.

Re: JDBCAppendTableSink Metric

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi anil,

It seems that there are no dedicated metrics for jdbc sink.
For latency, Flink allows to track the latency of records traveling through
the system[1].
For other metics, I think you can make use of the system metrics. For
example, the metric of numRecordsInPerSecond[2] may be helpful for you.
If these metrics can not meet your requirements, you can report metrics by
yourself, Flink exposes a metric system that allows gathering and exposing
metrics to external systems[3].

Best, Hequn

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#latency-tracking