Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Robert Schweikert <rj...@suse.com> on 2012/06/26 00:11:11 UTC

Dependency question

Hi,

The spec file in the source tree (cloud.spec) lists python-paramiko as
adependency (Requires) for the cloud-client. Grepping for paramiko in
the python code shows a number of files that use this module.

According to the project home page the code is released under LGPL. I
think this is causes a license compatibility issue.

Is this already on the list of things that need to be addressed?

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com
rschweik@ca.ibm.com
781-464-8147

Re: Dependency question

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Edison, do you know that?
> I am not seeing which part of script inevitably relaying on paramiko

Marvin uses paramiko
cloud-update-xenserver-licenses does as well as tools/migration/upgrade.py

Are we really saying that python-paramiko is a system requirement?

RE: Dependency question

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Yes. I am asking why we need it. The python part written by myself has no dependency on it.
Most of our python script doing simple things rarely needs to depend on non-default libraries, so I wonder if we can remove that piece of code.

RE: Dependency question

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.

RE: Dependency question

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.