Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "akshatbakliwal@gmail.com" <ak...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 14:02:48 UTC

Compression in Cassandra

Hi all,

I am experiencing a unique situation. I loaded some data onto Cassandra.
my data was about 40 GB but when loaded to Cassandra the data directory size
is almost 170GB.

This means the **data got inflated**.

Is it the case just with me or some else is also facing the inflation or its
the general behavior of Cassandra.

I am using Cassandra 0.6.8. on Ubuntu 10.10

--
Akshat Bakliwal
Search Information and Extraction Lab

Re: Compression in Cassandra

Posted by Terje Marthinussen <tm...@gmail.com>.
Perfectly normal with 3-7x increase in data size depending on you data schema.

Regards,
Terje

Posted by "akshatbakliwal@gmail.com" <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Javier Canillas <ja...@gmail.com>.