Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ryan Rhodes <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/31 17:39:12 UTC

How do I propogate user identity from a webapp to slide using the client API?

We are using the slide client API inside of a webapp.  If slide requires
authentication credentials, then I'm going to need the username/password to
access it with the client API.  I don't want to expose credentials in the
webapp, but I would like to let slide keep managing access control to the
documents I'm exposing in the webapp.

Does anyone have a decent solution for this?

RE: How do I propogate user identity from a webapp to slide using the client API?

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
I used the Client Library to build a helper class that wrapped all the
Client Methods and persisted the connection.  Then when I instantiate
this helper class and do a connect in my Login action using the username
and password and get a good response I store the object in the session.
Then in all my actions I check for this Client object in the session, if
it isn't there I forward to the Login page with a nextUrl back to the
desired action or to home depending on my business logic.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.