Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net> on 2006/05/26 20:01:15 UTC

Images as Borders component

Has some one thought to design a component that wraps top, bottom, and side
images around what's inclosed?

Somthing like...

<s:imageBorders topRight="tr.gif" topLeft="tl.gif" top="t.gif" ... >
    <h:outputText value="There's going to be images around me!!!"/>
</s:imageBorders>

Seems like it would save alot of messy layout code...
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

RE: Images as Borders component

Posted by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net>.
Sounds awesome! How far did you progress?

Posted by Julian Ray <ju...@yahoo.com>.
Ok,

Here is a first cut at some specs:

Name: dialogBox

Synopsis: renders a formatted and styled container which can include other
JSF components. The dialogBox can render in open mode which displays the
body area or closed mode which hides the body and only displays the title
area. The dialogBox bottom can have an optional text area. A swappable image
provides a toggle between open and closed modes. The box can be themed by
selecting one of three default themes or by passing the dialogBox the name
of a custom theme. The height and width of the box should be defined by the
size of the content.

Attributes: The box has a border composed of images (top-left, top-right,
top, left, right, bottom, bottom-left, bottom-right) a title area with
foreground, background colors, a body area with forground and background
colors. All pertinent HTML passthrough attributes are supported.

hmmm... Perhaps we can combined our knowledge and work together on creating
such a component?

Posted by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net>.

Posted by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net>.
It'd be worth taking a look at to see how it works, but it still doesn't
provide the desired functionality. If I wanted expanding bananas for the
sides, I wouldn't be able to!

Posted by Frank Felix Debatin <ff...@gmx.net>.
ADF Faces has various nice components in this area. Check
out the panel box, panel border, show detail tags in:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partne
rs/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html

Now that ADF becomes part of Myfaces, it should be worth
trying!

Frank Felix

style/hide
> etc. but have compatibility problems with IE. Nested
tables,
> on the otherhand, always work but present styling issues
for users.

http://www.nabble.com/Images+as+Borders+component-t1688241.h
tml#a45810

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.