Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Er...@mbtech-group.com on 2003/09/22 13:17:12 UTC

I can't connect to the Database mysql (Newbie)

Hi all,

I can't connect to the Database Mysql. I have a Horrible Exception when
I am starting the Internet Explorer:
Java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema (TURBINE_USER):
There was no DatasourceFactory configured for the connection default.

Configuration: Jetspeed 1.4b3; W2k Client; JDK1.3; Tomcat 4.1.24

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Eric Fogang

Re: I can't connect to the Database mysql (Newbie)

Posted by Daniela Mercadante <da...@softeco.it>.
Hi,

try to check if you have jar file in the lib directory (e.g.
mysql-connector-java-3.0.4-gamma-bin.jar is present in
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\common\lib). One of the possible causes of this
error is the missing jar file for the DB connection.
Stop and restart Tomcat and it should work.....

Hope it helps,

Daniela