Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eva Svensson <ev...@chello.se> on 2003/04/25 12:48:06 UTC

no bats in my tomcat

Hi everyone,

I downloaded tomcat-4.1.24.zip to my Windows 2000 Pro machine, but I cannot start Tomcat. I guess the problem is that I got .sh files (as if I was running a Unix) and not .bat files. I.e. there is no startup.bat file, only startup.sh!!

Will Tomcat work on my Windows with the .sh files (not likely, huh)? If not - then which binary should I download from http://apache.archive.sunet.se/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/binaries/ ?

Thank you for any help!!
/Eva

Re: no bats in my tomcat

Posted by Thomas Van de Velde <th...@yucom.be>.
For JDK 1.4:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/binaries/tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14.
exe

For the rest:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/binaries/tomcat-4.1.24.exe

Re: no bats in my tomcat

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Are you sure that file extensions aren't being hidden in your file viewer?

Complete instructions for installing Tomcat on Win 2K Pro and Win XP Pro
are here:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

You can ignore all of the Apache stuff and just use the "Installing Tomcat"
portion.

John