Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Daniel Gong <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 19:04:39 UTC

Is it the right place to talk about GSoC?

Hi all,

     Is this maillist the right place to talk about GSoC lenya project? I'm
wondering why no one post any messages or comments on my proposal. Hope
someone can help me with the question as soon as possible.

Daniel Gong

Re: Is it the right place to talk about GSoC?

Posted by Daniel Gong <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

> The situation is a bit difficult. Richard, who volunteered to mentor the
> GSoC project, lives in North Dakota and can't work on the Lenya project at
> the moment because of the flood. BTW, Richard, we wish you all the best!

I'm sorry to hear that Richard is still troubled by flood...Best wishes to
him!

> I hope I will find the time to take a look at your proposal on Wednesday or
> Thursday. If someone else wants to help, this would of course be very much
> appreciated.

Thanks a lot! In fact I have submitted my application on GSoC site. I am
just in need of some necessary guidance so that I can improve it.

Daniel

Re: Is it the right place to talk about GSoC?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> The situation is a bit difficult. Richard, who volunteered to mentor
> the GSoC project, lives in North Dakota and can't work on the Lenya
> project at the moment because of the flood. BTW, Richard, we wish you
> all the best!

Thank you Andreas. Things have been chaotic with rivers all over the
state flooding. My parents' town is protected, but the next one over had
250 homes flooded from their river. My brother was evacuated out after
an ice jam on the Missouri caused it to rise suddenly. The National
Guard place 300 pounds (136 kg) of C4 in the jam and got it to flow
again. My town took actions after the 1997 flood, so it is safe.
However, I live adjacent to Fargo, so I was helping them dike against
the Red River of the North, one of the few rivers on the planet to flow
away from the equator. Everything is holding so we are looking good at
the moment. However, the entire state had a late rain and the ground
froze saturated. And we've been getting a lot of snow, which is good
because it doesn't contribute to this flood like rain would, but we may
have another one in 2 weeks if we have a quick thaw.

>> Hope someone can help me with the question as soon as possible.
>
> I hope I will find the time to take a look at your proposal on
> Wednesday or Thursday. If someone else wants to help, this would of
> course be very much appreciated.

I've managed to get caught up on my email. I will take a look through
these messages, any additional help is always appreciated.

Richard

Re: Is it the right place to talk about GSoC?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Daniel Gong schrieb:
> Is this maillist the right place to talk about GSoC lenya project?

yes, this is the right place.

> I'm wondering why no one post any messages or comments on my proposal.

The situation is a bit difficult. Richard, who volunteered to mentor the
GSoC project, lives in North Dakota and can't work on the Lenya project
at the moment because of the flood. BTW, Richard, we wish you all the best!

> Hope someone can help me with the question as soon as possible.

I hope I will find the time to take a look at your proposal on Wednesday
or Thursday. If someone else wants to help, this would of course be very
much appreciated.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO