Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Patrik Modesto <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/04 11:26:41 UTC

get_range_slices and tombstones

Hi!

I'm getting tombstones from get_range_slices(). I know that's normal.
But is there a way to know that a key is tombstone? I know tombstone
has no columns but I can create a row without any columns that would
look like a tombstone in get_range_slices().

Regards,
Patrik

Re: get_range_slices and tombstones

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
You can't create a row with no columns without tombstones being
involved somehow. :)

There's no distinction between "a row with no columns because the
individual columns were removed," and "a row with no columns because
the row was removed."  the latter is just a more efficient expression
of the former.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra