Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sebastian Dill <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/16 15:46:12 UTC

Installation Issues - Can't find anyone with exact same issue - First Time User

Hello everyone,

hopefully you are all doing well. Since I am new to this, perhaps my issue
is a simple solve (at least I hope so), but I am simply stuck since I cannot
find anything online about the exact same issue.

Here is the situation:

My Setup:

Java: Version 10.0.2;

Java SE Runtime Environment 18.3: "build 10.0.2+13" No clue what this means.

Java HotSpot 64 Bit Server VM 18.3: "build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode".

(I got this info from running java -version on the command line)

Then I got my Environment Variables set as follows:

JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10.0.1

JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jre-10.0.2

In the PATH variable it's as follows: %JAVA_HOME%/bin; .other things.;
%JRE_HOME%/bin;

So next thing was downloading the apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip and the
corresponding apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip.asc and KEYS.txt file. I also got
GPGWIN installed;

I verified the whole thing.no problem.then unpacked it to C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-ofbiz-16.11.04 (under here are all
the actual application files).

Next thing I did was go to cmd and follow the instructions from the
documentation: gradlew cleanAll loadDefault (I guess I did not have gradle
installed, bc it downloaded the ZIP and created a .gradle folder under the
Administrator User folder.)

That was all that happened. The cmd went back to C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\apache-ofbiz-16.11.04>

So then I ran gradlew ofbiz and all that happened was that after a couple of
seconds it went back to C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-ofbiz-16.11.04> (Crashed?).

This is where it is at right now.after several hours and several reinstalls.
Please can someone advise on what to do.everyone else seems to have problems
in the build.mine doesn't even seem to start it, am I correct?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for the huge mail. I wish you all a great
Sunday.

Sincerely,

Sebastian

Re: Installation Issues - Can't find anyone with exact same issue - First Time User

Posted by Sebastian Naumann <se...@gmail.com>.
Dear Francisco,

Thanks for the quick response. Let me try it that way when I get home
tonight.

I will not give up until this works haha.

Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Sebastian

info@blurbiness.com <in...@blurbiness.com> schrieb am So. 16. Sep. 2018 um
14:17:

Posted by Sebastian Dill <se...@gmail.com>.
Dear Francisco & all,

Thank you so much for this hint. It actually worked. The whole process finished successfully.

Posted by in...@blurbiness.com, in...@blurbiness.com.