Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Jeffrey Zeiberg <jz...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/06 17:51:08 UTC

Reminder - Accumulo Hack Session on Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Our next hacking session will be held this coming Tuesday, March 10, 2020.
The event goes from 8am - 5pm.  Light snacks and beverages will be served.

The event will be held in Columbia, Maryland.

Please email jeffrey.zeiberg@asrcfederal.com or ibella@apache.org if
you need the address.

Re: Reminder - Accumulo Hack Session on Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.
Some notes from the demo Christopher gave of the new features the Log4j2
updates.
- Updates were made to the Accumulo Monitor in 2.x to accommodate the new
features.  A Column was added to display the logger name and filtering done
will now be reflected on the Recent Logs page.
- Accumulo Shell has colored logging now.
- Properties files are now dynamically loaded so logging can be configured
on the fly.  This will work for properties files on the client and server
side.
- The Log4j 1 to 2 bridge dependency is included in core pom for continued
use of client code written for log4j 1.x

These changes were done in the commit
9f487a043d0ddef8ef3b8f8036d4bf999260b2d0
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/commit/9f487a043d0ddef8ef3b8f8036d4bf999260b2d0
The changes can also be seen in the pull request #1528
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1528