Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/30 01:45:47 UTC

Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Hi,

we are preparing the website of IoTDB.

I would like to know  that how the websites of Apache Projects are built.

1. What web container the website will use? Apache2 web server or Apache
Tomcat or others?

2. Is there any limitation about developing the website? E.g., any language
limits (php, jsp, or others)? any  backend framework limits (spring or
others)? and database limits (mysql or others)?

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

Re: Re: Re: Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
OK, very thing looks good, we just need wait for the account to be created.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi

[...]

From 91.185.204.71.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer c-71-204-185-91.hsd1.ca.comcast.net.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi XuYi

Posted by xingtanzjr <xi...@163.com>.
Hi Xuyi,

According to my experience, this mail didn’t intent that your account is ready. Instead, you should receive a mail whose subject is like “Welcome to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)!”. I received this mail about one week after sending the ICLA mail. Please wait for that mail and step next.

Thanks,
Jinrui

Posted by xingtanzjr <xi...@163.com>.
Hi Xuyi,

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> FYI, I cannot find the account of Xu Yi and added other 13 apache
> accounts into iotdb group.

Thanks for that I added them all as PPMC as all initial committers are members of the PPMC.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Re: Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, the infra team will handle it.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Re: Re: Git issues or JIRA?

Posted by 乔嘉林 Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
 Hi,

 I prefer Git issues.

 Thanks.
 Jialin Qiao

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

I prefer JIRA.

Thanks
Yi Xu

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This discussion lasts for 4 days already.

3 persons like JIRA and 1 person choose Git Issue.

[ * ] JIRA:
Yi Xu
Xiangdong Huang
Christofer Dutz

[ * ] Git Issue:
Jialin Qiao

If there is no more response in the next 12 hours, let's embrace JIRA.
Is that OK?

Best,
-----------------------------------

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2018年12月20日周四 下午7:29写道:

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I would also suggest to use JIRA.

Chris

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think we just let developer team decide what kind of issue system
they want to use.
Do we need to start a vote for that?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Git issue sor JIRA?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well officially the project is "incubator" ... Just mention iotdb in the issue somewhere (might even be an extra field for that.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

________________________________
I have tried to create an issue on jira but I could not find iotdb project in the list. (I chose Infrastructure (INFRA) and issue type is Task, then i couldn't find iotdb in 'Project' list).

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I don't think the "incubator" part is required. For the PLC4X project (also incubating) the website url is "https://plc4x.apache.org") so this should be ok.
> Also if you omit this, it makes it easier to transition to top-level-project as all pre-existing links are not broken.

That’s correct it’s not required.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Xiangdong,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks Willem.

I can find myself as a committer on the IoTDB roster now, and I have
attached my Github account with my Apache ID.

Currently, I can not push codes to
git@github.com:apache/incubator-iotdb-website.git.
I will wait for a while to try again.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2018年12月18日周二 下午11:00写道:

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
And if you intend on having apache auto-serve the content. I think you should commit it to a
Detached "asf-site" branch in that repo, otherwise the tooling will not find it.

Chris

Am 18.12.18, 08:41 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > I have built our IoTDB website partly. If I want to publish our website, do I need to create a pull request which contains only html/css/img files, to https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb-website? Otherwise, can i directly push codes to this repo?

    If you have signed your ICLA, have been added to the IOTDb roster and set up your apache git access you should be able to push the code.

    However I cannot see any of the initial committers on the roster yet, what the progress with the ICLAs? Is someone keeping a list somewhere that we can double check?

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
Looks good! Thanks for the mock ups.

On your homepage, references to Hadoop and Spark should be Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, because of trademarks - and it might be good to link to their project pages.

________________________________

Posted by 徐毅 <x-...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi, I have some questions about website requirements in [1].

First, 'Every podling should maintain an incubation status file under: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/podlingname.html'. So what does 'incubation status file' means?
Second, 'Eventual extra incubation documents should be filed under: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/podlingname/**'. So our document page, download page should be placed at  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/iotdb/document.html,download.html?

Thanks,
Xu Yi

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

FYI You can take the ServiceComb website[1] as an example.

[1]https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-website

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

AW: Questions about building the website of IoTDB Project

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
The Apache website is usually today hosted in GitHub repo, like this[1]. Static html/css/image in `asf-site` branch. Anything you push to there, will show up in `xxx.apache.org` page.

I recommend you to use page generation tech, such as, hugo, jekyll, etc.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking-website
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin